Our organization is proud to make the 2nd USDLDF National Dragon & Lion Dance Championships an event that is open to the public and FREE of charge.
This is a family friendly event and a culturally rich experience that will entertain people of all ages and backgrounds. Come see beautifully crafted Dragon and Lion heads, exciting live music (played on drums, gongs and cymbals) and great teams, from all over the US, compete in a friendly and fun event for all!
The dragon & lion dance competitions, drum showcase and closing ceremony banquet will take place at the Monona Terrace Convention Center, Exhibition Hall A, on Saturday June 29th and Sunday June 30th.
For special information on parking for Saturday please visit: Saturday Parking Information
There will be a concession stand open with a variety of foods and beverages catered directly by the Monona Terrace within Exhibition Hall A as well as a merchandise stand where we will sell apparel including a custom made commemorative shirt. If you would like to purchase our cool commemorative T-shirt please follow this link: 2nd USDLDF Championship T-shirt SALE
- 9:00 am – Doors open to the public
- 9:30 am to 10:00 am – Opening ceremonies
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm – Competition Day 1 – Traditional Lion Dance
- 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm – Shake the Lake
NOTE: Shake the Lake takes place, just outside the tournament site, there will be a variety of food stands, live bands and, at the end of the night, a huge display of fireworks over Lake Monona (in front of the tournament site).
- 8:30 am – Doors open to the public
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm – Competition Day 2 – Freestyle (Jongs) Lion Dance, Drum Showcase and Dragon Dance.
- 3:00 pm – Competition closes (approximate)
- 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm – Post Tournament Banquet (purchase tickets here)
NOTE: The Freestyle (Jongs) event will be followed by the Drum Showcase that will be followed by the Dragon Dance competition.